Bellish welcomes and encourages participation by everyone and is committed to creating an inclusive platform. Standards for behaviour on the Bellish platform are detailed in the Community Code of Conduct.
We expect participants in our community to meet these standards in all their interactions and to help others to do so as well. Although this list cannot be exhaustive, we explicitly honour diversity in age, culture, ethnicity, genotype, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, neurotype, phenotype, political beliefs, profession, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, subculture and technical ability.
Community code of conduct
Bellish is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This code of conduct applies to all Bellish spaces, including in-app, on all social platforms, and in the wider making community, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of Bellish.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images, comments or behaviour.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact without consent or after a request to stop
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or unwanted following
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse
- Publication of non-harassing private communication
- Coarse language
- Advertisement or spam on Bellish social platforms
- Posting personal details or the personal details of others, including address, phone numbers or any other contact details
Bellish prioritizes marginalized people’s safety. Bellish reserves the right not to act on any complaints from community members.
If you are being harassed by a member of the Bellish community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact Bellish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bellish reserves the right to exclude people from Bellish based on their past behavior, including behavior outside Bellish spaces and behavior towards people who are not Bellish members.
In order to protect our team from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of Bellish members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, Bellish may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Bellish spaces and reporting to relevant authorities.